Call Us Today: 0800 612 0963

Available 24/7 to serve you Nationwide

My neighbour has started work without a Party Wall Agreement, what can I do?

The first course of action is to send them a notice to comply with the Act, which we can send to them for free. If they do not comply with The Party Wall etc Act 1996, the manner in which they are conducting the work may be illegal. The next possible action is to try to obtain an injunction for them to stop works under court order. We do not often recommend this, as it can be very costly. These costs are not always recovered from the building owner. If they do not comply with the Party Wall Act and damage were to occur, a court would not look kindly on them.