Call Us Today: 0800 612 0963

Available 24/7 to serve you Nationwide

Do I need to send Party Wall Notices to my neighbours?

Generally, you will need to send party wall notices if you are carrying out a rear extension, creating a loft extension with a dormer or removing chimney breasts. Notifiable works are set out in the Party wall etc. Act 1996 and the most common are:

  • Excavating within 3 meters of your neighbour, where the excavations are deeper than the foundation of your neighbour
  • Inserting beams, removing chimney breasts and other work to a party wall
  • Building new walls up to or astride the boundary of the property